Terms, Conditions and Policies
What personal information does goDiscover collect?
We may hold information relating to you that you have provided to us while registering with us or while placing an order through us or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our distributors or from marketing organisations).This information may include, amongst other things, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products, your experience with the product, and information on your browsing activity when visiting ours or our distributors websites), domain address, and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services (“information”). The online Service being used is owned and operated by goDiscover and posts a direct link to this Policy. This may include: (i) our main consumer website – godiscover.in, (ii) micro or product-specific sites, (iii) our web-connected software applications), (iv) other web destinations posting a direct link to this policy. For simplicity and unless noted otherwise, we may collectively refer to all of the above-mentioned sites and web-connected services as “godiscover online Service(s),” “our Online Service(s),” or “Online Service(s)”.
The information collected is regarding goDiscover consumers (i.e., individuals who buy or use our products and online Services, including parents/guardians, teachers, educators, children, or students) and is captured by godiscover via the Internet.
How does goDiscover use your Personal Information?
The information that we collect from you is held in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in India. It may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include:
- processing your orders and making deliveries;
- verifying products purchased by you for processing any replacement or warranty claim;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method);
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our and our group companies’ products and services generally;
- contacting you (including by post, email, fax, short text message (SMS), pager or telephone) about our and our group companies’ products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). For completeness we note that where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages we and our selected third parties send need not include an unsubscribe facility;
- inclusion in any telephone or similar directory or directory enquiry service provided or operated by us or by a third party (subject to any objection or preference you may have indicated to us in writing);
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
All personal information shared and exchanged with goDiscover will not be shared, sold, disclosed, revealed to third party in any form, for any purposes, at any time. All contacts and sales information included the information/queries from us will remain confidential.
goDiscover guarantees that if you supply your postal address on-line you will only be sent the information for which you provided your address but if you do not wish to receive e-mail from us in the future, or if you wish to be removed from mailing lists, please let us know by sending an e-mail or writing to us.
Sharing your information outside India
We do not share any information outside India.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In case of any concerns the privacy officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- understand what you like and use about our website;
- understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
- provide a more enjoyable, customised service and experience, and
- help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
We may use a persistent cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above.
Most browser technology (such as Internet Explorer, Netscape etc) allows you to choose whether to accept cookies or not – you can either refuse all cookies or you can set your browser to alert you each time that a website tries to set a cookie.
- We use Google analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) on this website.
- Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
- We may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics for understanding our site’s audience.
This Policy does not apply to any of the following:
Information collected by goDiscover through offline means (such as through a mail-in product registration card or on the phone by goDiscover Customer Support), unless we clearly note otherwise at the place or time of data collection or the offline-collected data is merged and used together with online-collected data;
Third-party websites operated by other companies and that are linked to our Online Services, or that provide links from their sites to ours. We are not responsible, and disclaim any and all responsibility, for the practices or content of such third party websites; or, information given to us in a business capacity or for employment or work related purposes, such as information about our business customers (retailers, distributors, etc.), personal information provided by artists or other professionals we hire to help create our products, or job applicant data submitted through the join us section of our website.
Changes to this Policy
If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below